Friday, January 23, 2009

Right Timing…

My rainbow moment (time when God reminds you he is there and he keeps his promises) of the week.

God amazes me.

Last week I was so drained.

I felt like a failure…

This is an unfamiliar feeling for me, but I truly thought I was failing at everything I put my hand to.

I walk around putting a lot of pressure on myself and it was finally too much to handle.

I went to church feeling beaten down and hopeless.


Then we entered into an amazing time of worship.

Every song hit me like a tons of bricks, I had been holding on to things that God just wanted me to lay at his feet.

As I stand in the back of the room, tears flooding down my face we sang:


(“The Stand” Hillsong)


You stood before creation
Eternity in Your hand
And you spoke the earth into motion
My soul now to stand


You stood before my failure
And carried the cross for my shame
My sin weighed upon your shoulders
My soul now to stand


AND THEN…


(“Might to Save” Hillsong)


So take me as You find me
All my fears & failures
Fill my life again


I give my life to follow
Everything I believe in
Now I surrender (I surrender)


It’s amazing how our Heavenly Father knows just when to reach down and give us a rainbow.

1 comment:

  1. this is beautiful. i love those moments where everything just seems to culminate and BAM God just speaks. thanks for sharing that love! :)

    ReplyDelete